Analog to Kudzu in Ubuntu?

Phillip Sc. Boegh psb at ipl.dtu.dk
Fri Oct 14 17:57:01 UTC 2005

Hej Ubuntu's

Any analog to RedHats Kudzu??
I mean a program that is very usefull to recognize when we change hardware
so a "hotplug" could use it afterwards.
I have googled to the program "recover" which I have tried without knowing
what it does.
Also I have found the
utilitien rcconf - as I cannot install through the repositories of AMD 64.

The un-answered gives an idea of the general problem:
http://www.sslug.dk/emailarkiv/novice/2005_01/msg00056.html
Here the guy asks for a way to reconfigure graphical hardware.
This or at least graphic cards , mouse and keyboard can be re-recognized
through what about harddisks, floppies etc?
Is it the same in Breezy?

Best regards

Phillip