No networking on breezy install in vmware

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 14:44:36 UTC 2005

Has anyone succeeded to install breezy inside vmware?

I have the problem, that eth0 does not come up automatically. If I do
a manual 'sudo ifup eth0', then the interface gets up and receives an
ip via dhcp. Also 'sudo ifup eth0=hotplug' works as expected.

As workaround, I can also preseed this:
d-i preseed/late_command string echo auto eth0 >> /target/etc/network/interfaces
Then eth0 is getting up automatically of course, but this cannot be
the solution :/

I suspect there is something going wrong with hotplug. Could assist me
with debugging this problem? Thanks in advance!

--
regards,
    Reinhard