How do I fix slightly munged desktop (menus) in Breezy/5.10?

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 12:58:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been following Breezy since the official pre-release announcement,
updating my Hoary installation most days to track development.

Somewhere along the line my default desktop menus and panel items have
become slightly out of sync with the Breezy defaults (as seen on another
machine with a fresh installation).  (Eg. Mozilla and Mozilla Composer
rather than Firefox, Add Applications but no Synaptic).

How do I go about refreshing these default settings, ideally without
stripping out the couple of programs and applets that I have installed
myself?

Neil

PS  Looks a good release to me.  The fresh install on my old Dell
Inspiron 7500 went very well.  Some tiny issues with Hibernate/Suspend
configuration as shipped, but then they *never* worked reliably under
Windows 98SE.  (And I know Windows XP users who find red-hot laptops in
their bags when they finish their commutes, because they didn't feel
like hibernating or suspending on lid close 'this time'.)