BREEZY or HOARY ? ? ?

Henning Kilset Pedersen henning at mopo.no
Fri Oct 14 07:59:24 UTC 2005

fre, 14,.10.2005 kl. 14.37 +0700, skrev LinuxMurah.com:
> dear all,
>
> currently I'm using HOARY and I have a plan to upgrade to BREEZY, but
> after I read most email that came into UBUNTU mailing list, it seems
> upgrading into BREEZY cause some problems. to all of you, is upgrading
> to BREZZY good choice? or using HOARY still enough for next year?
> because I'm running UBUNTU for server, so I must think twice before
> cause some problems.

Well. The general consensus would be to keep Hoary on the server unless
you have a good reason to upgrade (availability of a critical package
update etc). We had to upgrade to Breezy RC1 because of a kernel /
initrd-tools problem on Hoary - and have henceforth upgraded through
apt-get dist-upgrade to Breezy release.

But - we did to the upgrade by simply replacing hoary with breezy (:s
%/hoary/breezy/g in vi) in /etc/apt/sources.list. And it worked. I think
the problems people have experienced are centered around gnome-apps and
things such as OpenOffice.

Regards,
Henning Pedersen
mopo as