/home on second partition

list.account at gmx.net list.account at gmx.net
Fri Oct 14 07:13:54 UTC 2005

> Am 14.10.2005, 03:40 Uhr, schrieb Zach <uid000 at gmail.com>:

> On several of my systems I installed to a single / partition, and I
> wish I hadn't.  If I want to do a reinstall, I'll need to back up
> /home.  If it were on a separate partition, I could just blow away the
> other partitions and reinstall and when home gets mounted, there would
> be all my stuff/settings/customizations/pop email, etc.

hi
how do we get /home on an other partition at installation time?
month ago i did it once by 'mistake', but yesterday when doing an install
on an other machine, i just did not got it again!
i do remember something like 'Desktop Installation Modus' and then the
automatic partitioning brought up /home on a second partition.
this would be great if someone can explain this in detail, how to get
there.
thank you,
René