ANSI graphics over telnet

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 14 05:22:07 UTC 2005

When you switch to a text console ( ctrl-alt-F1 ) isn't it using the
character maps provided by the bios?  That is, assuming you have not
replaced them with consolechars or something.

As for the font in X, I downloaded a .pcf font that claims it should
support the high ASCII chars and put it in /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc,
and ran mkfontdir and rebooted even.  The new font does not show up in
the font lists anywhere.  What more do I need to do for it to be recognized?