PowerPC (Mac) Upgrade to Breezy

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 23:13:46 UTC 2005

On 10/13/05, Romeyn Prescott <prescor at digirom.potsdam.edu> wrote:

> What bugs me most are the "W: Duplicate
> sources.list entry" errors. I don't SEE any duplicate entries in my
> file! Am I missing something? Here it is:
>
> -----
> ##deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 4.10 _Warty Warthog_ - Preview powerpc Binary-1
> (20041020)]/ unstable main restricted
>

> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy main restricted
> deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy main restricted
>
> ## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
> ## repository.
> ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
> Ubuntu
> ## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as
> ## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
> ## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
> security
> ## team.
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy main restricted universe
> multiverse
> deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy main restricted
> universe multiverse
>
> deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy-security main restricted
> deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy-security main restricted
> -----

Hopefully someone will correct me if this is wrong -- I believe the lines
just before and just after the ## comments are MOSTLY duplicates. I believe
you can comment out the first ones (the ones just before the ## comments)
and you'll be good to go, because the second set has all the same items
PLUS.

so all you need in your list is this:

deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy main restricted universe