gam_server eating through cpu

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Thu Oct 13 16:54:50 UTC 2005

On Thursday 13 October 2005 05:57, David Walker wrote:
> So this is a very sparatic problem.  There is no time limit associated,
> or program that I use that 'should' cause this.
>
> So, gam_server starts to eat all available CPU that it can every now and
> again.

Yeah, it's a problem for me too.  It also seems to lock up at the same/other
times, causing KDE to become unresponsive.  I've contemplated replacing it
with an empty script once or twice.

I wonder why gam is being used instead of fam?  Hopefully it's not the lesser
of two evils :(

Anyone know what the problem is, or have a solution?  Will the .13 kernel's
inotify support fix it, maybe?

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com