Hoary to Breezy upgrade problem

Astrit Zhushi astrit at albalinux.org
Thu Oct 13 10:25:46 UTC 2005

Greetings to the list,

On one of machines I had installed Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary and wanted to
upgrade to Breezy 5.10. I have edited /etc/apt/sources.list and ran
apt-get update followed by dist-upgrade. However, when coming to postfix
upgrade the system just reboots:

Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 13796 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace postfix 2.1.5-9ubuntu3 (using
.../postfix_2.2.4-1ubuntu2_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement postfix ...

After this point system just reboots. I have tried several times but my
system always reboots. Furthermore, I tried to remove postfix package
but I can't do, dpkg complains that the package is in half installed
stae and can't be removed.

Best regards,
Astrit Zhushi