Firefox and Mozilla unstable on Breezy

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:34:59 UTC 2005

> I have tried again with adblock  removed and the same happened.
> It is quite frustrating.
>
> I went to
> http://www.logicalsecurity.com/resources/resources_quiz_thanks.html,
> selected one of the topics, filled in the form and it ended with
> an error message in xterm and no firefox!
>
> I have several mplayer,  java, helix, totem and flash plugins.
>
> Regards
> Johann
> --
> J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4036(w)
>              Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
>      "Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust,
>       who does not look to the proud, to those who turn
>       aside to false gods."            Psalms 40:4

I don't think Adblock is a culprit.

I notice this web site uses a LOT of Macromedia Flash Player content.

I'd suggest you temporarily remove the flashplayer plugin and revisit
the site.

Are you using the "commercial" flashplayer (from Macromedia), or the one
from the Ubuntu repositories?

BTW, I'm using the player from the repositiories and I visited the above
link and filled in a form and sent it off with no problem whatsoever.

Other than the fact I'm running a custom mplayer plugin (one that
actually works!), we have pretty much the same plugins.

Of course, plugins might not be the problem either.......

David

Registered Linux User #297958
http://carney1979.blogspot.com/