CANT BOOT!!!

Charles Malespin charles.malespin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:45:52 UTC 2005

On 10/11/05, Matt Patterson <matt at v8zman.com> wrote:

> It sounds like you have a disk that has failed, but based on your recent
> upgrade I would be very suspicious of that too. Are you able to stick
> the drive in an external enclosure or another computer to see if it can
> be read elsewhere?

I cant take the drive out at all. I tried messing with it more, and upon
another hard reboot it allowed me to get into windows. Unfort. Windows is
screwed cause I hadnt been there in a while doing security upgrades, so now
IE wont work and I cant access the internet. So that side is worthless. I
can also boot into rescue mode, but it keeps saying
Additional sense: Unrecovered read error - auto reallocate failed
current sda : sense key Medium error
Additional sense: Address mark not found for data field
end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 289905801
(among a long list of other things)
root at none:

Is there anyway to salvage this or am I just doomed?