LaserJet 6P printing problem

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Oct 11 16:40:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 16:45 +0100, Samuel Toogood wrote:
> I have just bought a refurbished HP LaserJet 6P printer, which I want to
> use with Hoary using the parallel port. However, I can't seem to
> transmit data from the computer to the printer. I have set up CUPS using
> System->Administration->Printing and get no errors when sending to the
> print queue, but nothing comes out of the printer. The jobs disappear
> from the print queue, as if they had been printed, but there is no
> activity from the printer at all. The printer can print demo and
> self-test pages (by pressing buttons on the printer) with no problems at
> all. All this suggests a problem in the connection between the two. Any
> suggestions on how to proceed?

Hi Samuel,

I don't know what's wrong here, but I just wanted to say that I have the
exact same printer, and it has always worked 200% out of the box with
both Hoary and also Breezy throughout its development cycle. It
basically has always been sweet as chocolate.
Just thought I would mention it, so you could rule out Ubuntu and this
printer model.

I bought the printer brand new at the time though, so maybe yours being
second hand and refurbished, could be faulty in some way ? :-/
Worse case scenario, you can always get another one, as it cost me an
arm and a leg 7 years ago (600 pound), but think they cost merely 50
quid on ebay these days ! :-O

--
Vince