UNSUBSCRIBE

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Oct 11 15:14:11 UTC 2005

Hodgins Family wrote:

>> No way!!! :) Not to bash anyone personally, but I find it extremeley
>> fascinating that on ALL of the Linux mailing lists I'm on (Ubuntu, SuSE,
>> Fedora...) there's a neverending stream of people who don't read the
>> notes that are posted with every single message. (SuSE at least has a
>> little bit of an excuse - the unsubscribe email address is buried in the
>> headers...)
>> --
>
> You mean this URL? And I thought it was a marketing move ;)
>
> Actually, would it be so hard to add to this something like this:
>
>     To unsubscribe, click here:

No, it wouldn't be so hard, but it's still fascinating the number of people
who can't work out how to unsubscribe.  While we're trying to make Linux
"less geeky", it's still geeky enough that you'd expect most subscribers to
have a clue.  They managed to figure out how to subscribe in the first
place, after all.
--
derek