CANT BOOT!!!

Charles Malespin charles.malespin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:44:51 UTC 2005

PLEASE HELP! I came back to my computer after having left for a whle and I
got a bunch of errors saying that I couldnt open or do pretty much anything
cause it was read only. I rebooted and during shutdown it gave me a ton of
errors saying about read only read only(they were going too fast to remember
specfics) When I rebooted and got to grub menu, I chose normal
2.6.10-5-686kernel and it starts booting, till it gets to ata2:
disabling port. Then it
says
EXT3-fs error (device sda5) : ext3_get_inode_loc: unable to read inode block
- innode=7209167, block=14417933
* no inittab file found

Enter run level:

If I pick runlevel 5 or 6 it says no more processes at this run level and
just hangs.

Then I do a hard reboot at after picking the same kernel it gives me an
error saying
Error 18: Selected Cylinder exceeds maximum supported by BIOS.
Press any key to continue.....

And if I pick 386, or XP(running dual boot), or recovery for any it still
gives me error. So basically I cant boot into anything. Please help, i am a
noob still so I dont know what to do. I just did an upgrade today(not to
breezy, just a regular upgrade that had some new kernel images and two other
things) running hoary stable for a few months with no major probs.. ANY HELP
PLEASE!! Thanks