Add Remove Applications hangs

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Tue Oct 11 03:49:25 UTC 2005

I installed smeg (simple menu editor gnome) via the installsmeg script.
Now Applications->System Tools->Add Remove Applications (gksudo
/usr/bin/gnome-app-install) does not work. It hangs after main window
draw, during startup.  I can click on advanced or close and it reacts
appropriately starting Synaptic Package Manager, but it never runs like
it did right after installation showing a list of installed apps.  I
don't know if it really has anything to do with smeg though.

Any ideas?

Alex