thunderbird can't find my mail

Duncan Anderson duncangareth at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 09:09:39 UTC 2005

Duncan Lithgow wrote:

> Thanks for the ideas
>

>     If there is a "lock" file in your  ~/.thunderbird/*.default directory,
>     then delete it.
>

> Is that a file called "lock" or something else, I'll look when I get home
>

>     Check that all the files in the directory are owned by you.
>

> Is there a recursive way to do that? There are  a lot of files and
> directories in there...
>
> Duncan

Yes the file is called "lock". To make sure all the files in the
directory hierarchy are owned by you, open a root terminal window and go
to your home directory.

Type in the following command:

find ./.thunderbird -print | xargs chown duncan:duncan

This will change the ownership and group ownership of all the files and
directories below ~/.thunderbird to owner "duncan" and group "duncan".

cheers
Duncan