OS X/Ubuntu/GnuLinux and cost

Serg Belokamen serg.belokamen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 06:26:21 UTC 2005

Not quiet, you said time you spent doing other related projects. I
assume you helped others or developed something?

On an equal playing field you would spend the same ammount of time
helping others on any other operating system.  Hence either compare
apples to apples or dont compare at all.  You could just as well get a
free copy of Ubuntu and not tinker with anything. Therefore  your
statment about the cost is incorrect. Its equivalant to MS saying that
Windows is more efficient running on a dual CPU machine with few G of
ram then outdated Linux on an outdated box ;)