Ubuntu on IBM x40 laptop

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 9 15:30:33 UTC 2005

'Forum Post wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Ubuntu 5.10 release candidate on my X40. Everything
> is working perfectly except the following:
>
> - I can not get the modem to work: Ubuntu can not detect my modem.
>
> - I tried hibernate, it worked, but after resuming, the amount of RAM
> in used decreased and some application just don't start.
>
> - I don't know how to enable or disable Infrared port.
>
> - I can not scroll using trackpoint
>

> I haven't tried wireless, I will try tomorrow.
>
> Anyone has any idea to get my modem work.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Regards,
>
> Nguyen Duc Tien

Nguyen:

Sorry, but having neither a laptop nor a winmodem, I can't give you any
specific advice, but these references might help:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportMachinesLaptopsIBM
http://www.winmodems.org
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ibm.html

(The last site includes an article on your specific computer running Hoary.)

-- cmg