FAT32 corruption writing from Linux

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Sat Oct 8 23:10:20 UTC 2005

Sarangan Thuraisingham said the following on 10/08/2005 12:17 PM:

> On 10/8/05, *Alex Janssen* <alex at ourwoods.org
> <mailto:alex at ourwoods.org>> wrote:
>
>     'Forum Post said the following on 10/06/2005 11:23 PM:
>
>     >Try following these directions:
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >http://ubuntuguide.org/#automountfat
>     >
>     >
>     I am trying this mount based on the instructions at
>     ubuntuguide.org <http://ubuntuguide.org>.
>     Things seem to be more stable.  At least no corruption is rearing its
>     ugly head, yet.
>     Do you know the purpose of the iocharset=utf8 option?  Other advice I
>     have read does not specify it.
>

> I think thats for filename conversions.  But this options seems to  be
> not recognised. Cos I get an error during startup( I am using Hoary
> BTW), saying that the utf8 is not a recognised option.

I am also running 5.04.  When I mounted the FAT32 partition, I received
a warning that utf8 was not reccomended for FAT partitions.  It also
said that the FAT mount would be case sensative using utf8.  I have
discontinued use of that option to see what difference it makes.

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
Charlottesville, Virginia