Repository gone??

Scott angrykeyboarder at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 12:15:27 UTC 2005

'Forum Post wrote:

>as far as I understand the backports are no longer being supported.
>i've removed mine from my sources.list.

Quite the contrary......

They are very much alive and well.

They became an official part of Ubuntu a few months ago and several
weeks ago the old repositories were closed as they have been replaced by
ones on the Ubuntu servers.  You can get them from the same place you
get your regular Ubuntu stuff.   The URL will vary by where you are in
the world (as is true with the rest of the Ubuntu archive).

The main one is
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-backports main universe multiverse restricted

The US one is http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-backports main
universe multiverse restricted

So you need to replace your old URL with one of those in you
sources.list file (e.g deb deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
hoary-backports main universe multiverse restricted )

More details @  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports