OpenOffice.org in KDE and GNOME

Andy Choens gunksta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:06:42 UTC 2005

On 10/7/05, snpe <snpe at snpe.co.yu> wrote:

> > andy at Exile:/etc/openoffice$ export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kde
> > andy at Exile:/etc/openoffice$ oowriter2
> > I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "en_US.UTF-8"
> > I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"
> > I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "C"
> > Qt: Locales not supported on X server
>
> This is problem with ubuntu X server installation (or you don't download
> complete X server)

I know the problem is in the xserver. I'm not sure how to fix it. I've been
googling, but I either don't know what to search for, or I don't realize
that I'm staring at it. I've checked. The system has every english language
package there is. Out of cuiousity, I also installed spanish language stuff.
That hasn't helped.

I'm going to delete my .openoffice.org2 directory again to see if that
helps.

I really don't know what setting I'm looking for. According to the KDE
control center and GNOME control center, my localisation settings are all
correct. I'm even in the right time zone! <-- I realize the time zone has
nothing to do with this.

Anywho, if someone has an idea, feel free to throw me a bone.

--andy