GRUB Multiple boot

alex radsky at ncia.net
Fri Oct 7 15:56:39 UTC 2005

Brian Walker wrote:

> Many thanks for the hint! I had played around with grub, and
> eventually found that this addition to grub menu.lst helped:
>
> # Trying to get PC-BSD to boot - manual edit
> title        PC-BSD
> root        (hd0,1)
> makeactive
> chainloader    +1
>
> Google suggested either the /boot/loader or chainloader +1 version.
> This one worked for me!
>
> All the best
>
> Brian

Very good!.    It was just a matter of getting the proper commands added
to your original menu.lst and I wasn't at all familiar with BSD so I
started with ubuntu's commands and just
changed the hard drive numbers.

There are other linuxes in my original menu.lst posting that have the
same format as the one you found to work.
alex