Newbie

Bob Schmidt bob58523 at charter.net
Fri Oct 7 14:44:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

Just installed 5.10 on my Dell Inspiron 3700 laptop. I have a 3com model
3ccfem556b network/modem pcmcia card installed in it. This is hooked up to a
linksys router hooked to cable internet.

Anyway, the internet worked fine during the installation procedure. Now that
everything is installed, the internet no longer works. I checked the network
connections, it shows eth0 as being active. I ran the unbuntu hardware
program, it simply quits (program still running but doing nothing) when
trying to see if the network is working. Tried using the networking tools,
nothing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob