HA-prosper

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Fri Oct 7 09:13:44 UTC 2005

sahutoglu sonmez schrieb am 07.10.2005 07:10:

> Hello,
> I have been trying to prepare a talk using HA-prosper.

You are talking about the TeX package!?

> Apparently I can't find the package on the
> repositories.

The Ubuntu respositories? There are only few TeX packages as debs
outside of the teTeX and TeXLive distributions (the latter one only
in Debian experimental). Which TeX distribution do you use? teTeX
3.0 doesn't provide HA-prosper.

Go to CTAN (http://www.ctan.org), download and install it.

> where can I find it?  I think it would be a good idea
> to add it to repositories as it is a very useful
> package.

I don't think this is a good idea as there are hundreds if not
thousands of useful TeX packages. No distribution should start
building their own packages of TeX packages. If there are people
willing to put their efforts into an automatic installation and
upgrade routine for TeX packages they should work on an OS (and TeX
distribution) independent solution! This may be compared with the
CPAN shell. BTW: Christian Schenk, maintainer of MikTeX (Windows TeX
distribution), is working on a Unix port for his package manager. It
already does on the Windows platform for TeX packages what the
Debian package manager does for all other software.

There are Debian packages of beamer---the presentation class I prefer.

Regards,
    Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln: http://www.zvisionwelt.de/typokurz.pdf (1.4)