difference between . . . .

ashley maher ashley.maher at didymodesigns.com.au
Fri Oct 7 01:48:16 UTC 2005

I have just completed a clean install to breezy amd64.

I started by attempting to upgrade from hoary to breezy. This failed so
did the clean install.

The "bug" I was trying to remove is still present.

Can somebody tell me which log files to hunt for the difference between
gdm starting as "normal" and starting into rescue mode then lauchiong
gdm please.

The reason is the normal start to gdm fails just after the update
manager starts, but starting gdm from the rescue mode it works fine (or
appears to).

Regards,

Ashley