Linux-abi

snpe snpe at snpe.co.yu
Thu Oct 6 21:30:49 UTC 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 05:26 pm, Eamonn Sullivan wrote:
> On 06/10/05, Hal Davison <hal at faams.net> wrote:
> > Hello...
> >
> > I am a new user to this disto of Linux.
> >
> > In that this distribution is based on the Debian model, are there
> > package, kernel patches available for Linux-abi(Applications Binary
> > Interface)?
> >
> > This little emulator allows one to run a Unix or SCO Unix coff binary on
> > the Linux elf filesystem thus vastly increasing the number of available
> > applications available to Linux.
> >

> This is somewhat of a blast from the past. Can you give an example of
> an application you're hoping to run on Linux that is only available as
> a SCO binary?
>
> -Eamonn

I can do it - Oracle tools SQL*forms <= 3.0 for design form and report in character mode
- Oracle make this for Linux from version Forms 6 - this version can run
forms 3.0 in character mode, but we can't design it.This exist for SCO unix,Solaris,Aix

There are a lot application with this forms - Oracle doesn't support it now

Peco