Breezy, cups, hp-toolbox and OpenOffice.org2: printing issues

Doug M-C lists at dshop.morrisoncleary.info
Thu Oct 6 15:02:44 UTC 2005

I think I have lost the ability to print landscape pages on my HP
OfficeJet printer (and not just in OOo2).

Under Hoary I could choose (somewhere in the print dialog IIRC) to
print in either portrait or landscape. I use this ALL THE TIME!

Just did a clean install of Breezy (on two separate computers) and
everything is fully updated as of yesterday, and now I can't print
from OOo2 (haven't really tried from anything else yet) in
landscape. This is despite the fact that the ppd in /etc/cups/ppd
has a line saying how landscape should be interpreted.

Also, hp-toolbox is not finding the printer. A dialog comes up
saying that there is no cups printer set up!

Any clues? This is a fairly critical issue for me.

Thanks,
Doug

--
Doug M-C