user 'hal'?

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 6 14:55:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:35:20 +0200

hal is the "hardware access layer" which is used to detect when CDRoms,
floppies, USB memory sticks and the like are added to the system.
Presumably hal is the user under which the relevant daemons run.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |