How to replace freeglut with glut

Johannes Behr johannes.behr at igd.fhg.de
Thu Oct 6 13:51:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

there are some strange bugs in freeglut (e.g. fullscreen
does not work) and therefore I would prefer to use
the good old glut and not freeglut.

There are both libs in the repository (Hoary) and since
they have the same interface I thought I could just
replace freeglut by glut.

I installed glutg3/glutg3-dev/libglut3/libglut3-dev
but the system still uses freeglut. I cannot remove
freeglut3 since there are a lot of package that
use freeglut (e.g. ubuntu-desktop). Is there a meta-pack
or some other mechanism?

regards,
  johannes

Johannes Behr              | email: johannes.behr at igd.fhg.de
Fraunhofer-IGD             | tel.:  ++49-6151-155-510
Fraunhofer Strasse 5       | fax.:  ++49-6151-155-196
64283 Darmstadt, Germany   | skype: johannesbehr