Hoary and Fluxbox...SLOW startup!!!

R.L.Reingard list.account at gmx.net
Thu Oct 6 07:01:24 UTC 2005

> Am 06.10.2005, 07:55 Uhr, schrieb 'Forum Post
> <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org>:

> I want to use ubunbu and am currently useing gentoo. Do I need to
> compile manulally fluxbox or can I get a pre-compiled version useing
> apt-get which I am told I am suspose to use. Why or why not?

Welcome

Fluxbox you get throgh the packages management (Synaptic). most likely you
will have to add 'universe' and 'multiverse' repositories to the
repositories list (sources.list). so, it is pre-compiled (.deb package).

other question: you do not like Gentoo anymore? or what is the reason you
want to change? Gentoo is nice right?

René