Screen Resolution

Ian ismca at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 11:56:06 UTC 2005

I did this (as pasted into my initial post) but the resolution choices when
I use the Preferences->Screen Resolution in the Gnome menus does NOT match
the possible choices I've left in the xorg.conf file.

The xorg.conf file only shows 1280x1024, 1152x864, and 1024x768.

The choices I'm given are: 1280x1024, 1024x768, 800x600, 640x480

This makes no sense to me.

RQ

Hi I have just installed Ubuntu and I am stuck with the high resolution too.
Only my problem is more like when I try a lower resolution I lose the top
bottom and sides of my screen.  So instead of the screen resizing it is is
just like zooming in which is rediculous.

I think my problem may be to the graphics card ATI 9700 pro, in windows I
would just access the control panel and rezise my monitor.  How do I do that
with Ubuntu.

Dont mean to hijack this thread but I think it may all be related in some
way, and would appreciate any info!