Shuttleworth Releases a FAQ on Ubuntu, Canonical, et. al

Christoph Georgi christoph.georgi at web.de
Tue Oct 4 17:18:25 UTC 2005

Hi Norman,

Norman Silverstone wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 06:53 -0400, Zach wrote:
>
>>I didn't see this posted to ubuntu-users, ubuntu-news, or
>>ubuntu-announce, so I'll post it here.  I caught on Slashdot this
>>morning a story about a FAQ our Benevolent Dictator, Mark
>>Shuttleworth, has posted to the wiki.  In it he dicusses Ubuntu
>>funding, binary compatibility, the color brown, Debian compatibility
>>and many other things.  Definitely worth a read.
>

> Indeed, a most interesting and informative read. Question - can a
> dictator be benevolent or is there a contradiction of terms somewhere?
>
> Norman

sure, take a look at Singapore.. although it's not quite a
"dictatorship", rather an "autocracy", it worked/works quite well,
considering the welfare of S'pore (although not everything is working
out perfectly..) Similarly, "Normadic" (???) societies are rather
autocratic with the dictator (or autocrat) being benevolent.. but i
don't want to get into political science here ;) -- still, it can work!

christoph

ps. lets get the threat on the sounder :)
--

Christoph Georgi
email.  christoph.georgi at web.de
fon.	+49 (0)160 9790 3488