problems running Matlab R14

Alex Marten alex.marten at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:11:32 UTC 2005

Yeah I forgot that part, sorry.  You will need to install the current
32 bit version of java (I suggest just using the one from Sun).  Then
make sure the the envirionment variable MATLAB_JAVA is set to the path
were you installed the 32 bit version of java.  Then run matlab
-glnx86.  Atleast this is what worked for me.  You can double check
that it is a java problem by running matlab -glnx86 -nojvm.

Though I just realized I may be leading you down the wrong path.  The
advice I have been giving is based of my experience trying to run the
32 bit version of Matlab on a 64 bit Breezy install.  If you are using
the 64 bit version of Matlab then I guess this will not apply to you.