Scanner

Harry Wert hwert at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 4 12:59:41 UTC 2005

max wrote:

> 'Forum Post wrote:
>
>> canon is just a stupid company!!! I woulud never ever again buy a
>> scanner from that company. It's just not an attitude to no support an
>> older scanner. I've a CanoScan D1250U2. Now I've to boot up windows
>> everytime I need to scan something. Thanks a lot Canon
>>

> sorry, but i haven't read this tread before.
>
> I need to buy a usb scanner for my apple powerbook with ubuntu installed.
>
> Witch scanner usb is supported corretly?
>
> best,
> max

> Yahoo! Nuevos servicios, más seguridad http://correo.yahoo.es

Have been using a Canon LIDE30 with Linux (USB) with no problems for
over a year now.  Xsane setup is automatic (although you may "tune" it
if you wish) and provides excellent quality Black or Color.  I believe I
paid $40 for mine - new at OfficeMax!  Have tested it with RedHat, SuSE,
Mandrake, and of course Ubunto.  I guess your mileage could vary.

Harry Wert
Physicist