Ubuntu Small Business Server

Charles Yao yaocharlesc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:37:27 UTC 2005

On 10/3/05, Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/3/05, Charles Yao <yaocharlesc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was wondering if Ubuntu could have a version to something like Suse
> Small
> > Business Server and Microsoft small business server 2003. It would be
> great
> > for small biz owners to have something reliable and would have all the
> > features we need to run a business. I know there was a thread started
> about
> > this earlier but it ended up as an email vs im topic.
> >
> I would sincerely love to see this a reality, as I believe it's the
> step into the the mass small to medium business world that Linux
> needs.
> I don't think it's Ubuntu's core focus, but then Ubuntu has proven
> that it can do ANYTHING we put our minds to :-)
> Servers like e-smith (SME server) are so very close, but I believe
> they lack the dynamic energy and drive that Ubuntu has (plus it's not
> Debian based ;-) ).
>

> --
> Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
> CNet News.com <http://News.com>: So that would be the philosophical
> difference between
> Microsoft and what Google is up to at this point?
> Bill Gates: Well, we don't know everything they are up to, but we do
> know their slogan and we disagree with that.
> www.modmeup.net <http://www.modmeup.net>

Senectus,

The reason I like Ubuntu is that it is very easy to use. Working for an SME,
we have no IT department where we can got o for help when something breaks
down. We gotta fix it ourselves. Same thing with integration of our IT stuff
it is very difficult and confusing if you have no background on this stuff.

Charles