[breezy] update for usplash breaks boot splash...?

Andy Choens gunksta at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 19:31:52 UTC 2005

On 10/2/05, Frank McCormick <fmccormick at videotron.ca> wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:10:30 -0500
> Steve Kratz <stevek at cipafilter.com> wrote:
>
> > I noticed tonight when I did a apt-get update/upgrade, usplash was
> > updated.
> >
> > After it did so, I no longer have a boot-splash of any sort, just the
> > (f)ugly text scroll.
> >
> > Is this something broken in usplash, or is there something I can do to
> > fix it?
>
> Me too.

This is the first time the splash has worked at all on my computer. I can't
seem to make it look nice though. It looks like crap. I had trouble with my
graphics card, and I had to originally boot with vga=771. That seemed to
keep usplash turned off by default, but now it just looks like crap, wth or
without vga=771.

It looks like I don't have enough colors to display the picture.

--andy