[breezy] Latest kernel update breaks virtual terms

P Jones deerfieldtech at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 13:57:49 UTC 2005

Hi all;

The kernel update of a day or so ago, kernel Linux 2.6.12-9-686 #1 Sat
Oct 1 00:14:33 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux, causes vitrual terminal
display problems on two of my machines. One of the machines has the
i815 chip, and the other has an i855. The specific problem I have is
that mc is wrecked. On the i855 machine I use a vga=791 instruction,
on the i810 machine I don't use any vga= instruction (they don't work
anyway).

Anyone else notice this?

-P