x86_64: I was fooled when installing over existing LVM (Breezy)

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 13:41:32 UTC 2005

My new amazing machine w/ x86_64 FC3 Fedora installed from the factory. I
have been wrestling with that beast with a shabby connection at school, and
finally decided to install ubuntu breezy live preview so I can get something
done. The factory had installed w/ LVM, one Volume Group subsumes two hdd. I
thought I'd try to play with LVM and shrink it, so I can make a partition to
install UBUNTU into. I know I was in over my head, but I have to say, Ubuntu
allowed me to exercise my freedom, and trash the whole LVM setup. Which is
cool, I guess, and I know I deserved it.

Now I have found a WWW page that suggests using qtparted from Knoppix to
partition before installing Ubuntu. Is anybody listening? Would that have
made a difference?

Alan