kde bittorrent ?

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Sat Oct 1 08:30:15 UTC 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 00:34, dave s wrote:
> What do you guys use as a KDE bittorrent. I used to use ktorrent but I
> cannot find a deb for it in unbutu.

Yes, it's a shame ktorrent isn't packaged.  I built it from source.  It was
very easy to do, as far as I remember.  Probably the normal steps:

1. download and unpack source
2. cd to source directory
3. run dh_make, and answer the questions, choosing single binary
4. edit the configure line in debian/rules so that configure gets an extra
argument: --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3
5. build with dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot
6. cd up a directory, install the .deb file created
7. delete any other files created, including the source directory.

anatomic is also quite good though :)

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com