How to create a terabyte storage array?

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:16:16 UTC 2005

On 11/30/05, Soo-Hyun Choi <shchoi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Anders,

Hello there,

> This is very good information to me and to everyone. I will try to set
> up the home file server using RAID-5, and will report the outcomes
> once it gets done.

Okay, that is good. :) The install process in Breezy should be easy
enough to not pose problems. If you already have a server installed
and you just need to add discs to, 'mdadm' is the command you need to
administer MD devices (RAID arrays).

Once you have created an array, you can check its progress and status
with 'mdadm --detail /dev/mdX' where X is an integer.

HTH,

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>