nVidia with stock kernel crashes when leaving X

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 08:40:55 UTC 2005

Right, I can make my box lock up solid without even loading X and the
nvidia module, so I have other problems to worry about now. It would
be interesting to hear what system configurations you other people
have if you experience hard lockups.

Personally, I _think_ this _may_ have something to do with interrupts
and how the kernels handle them, possibly links to ACPI and IO-APIC.

Also discovered that setting the BIOS to think the OS is PnP is a bad
mistake to make. hotplug *really* does not like that.

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>