can't boot Live CD still

Bob Slaughter rslau at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 26 17:33:50 UTC 2005

I've been trying to boot my Live CD's since release 4.10, and I can't get
even into the first screen. It appears to be a video synch problem, not
specific to Ubuntu (I can't boot Knoppix either). I have a Matrox g400 32mb
and an LG 995E 19in monitor. and right after boot, the monitor keeps trying to
synch to video signal and failing. It is possible it has trouble displaying the BIOS
boot screen durin my Mandrake boot, but I see GRUB and the Linux startup just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Slaughter, rslauGUESS at WHATmindspring.com http://www.mindspring.com/~rslau/
North Georgia Modurail: http://www.trainweb.org/northgamodurail/
In which language of the world does the word 'taxi' mean "I cannot drive"?
e'osai ko sarji la lojban fo lonu pilno -- http://www.lojban.org/