Slow X mode initialization with NVidia

golfer golfbuf at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 00:10:38 UTC 2005

On 11/25/05, 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> Where do you have Option "NoLogo", try these options:
>

> Option          "RenderAccel"
>
> Option          "Accel"

This conflicts with the wiki at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia?highlight=%28nvidia%29
which states:

Note: RenderAccel has a bug. Memory leak and crashes. Disable it in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf in the section "Device".

Option          "RenderAccel"   "false"

Disabling the nVidia logo on Gnome/KDE startup: To get rid of it, add
the following line to /etc/X11/xorg.conf in the section "Device"

Option          "NoLogo"

Is the wiki no longer up to date?

I'm using the GeForce MX 4000 and am still trying to get it
configured?  I noticed the nVidia site has it's own linux support
package with a script to install and compile modules.  But, the wiki
advises against using it.  Why?

regards,