How to edit PDF?

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 25 16:24:37 UTC 2005

hometoast wrote:

> Adobe's Acrobat is a PDF editor/creator etc.    There ARE pdf libraries
> out there (cpdf) that will create/edit pdfs but there (apparently)
> hasn't been a lot of software with it implemented.

Adobe Acrobat is hardly a replacement for Word or OpenOffice as a
document editor though, as I remember. It can be used to create tags and
re-order pages etc., but it's ability to significantly change content is
limited.

I think people are confusing creating and editing. Of course, PDFs can
be created, but once created I do not believe the content is meant to be
easily changed.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold