HP ScanJet 4370

Richard Gliebe gliebe at rigledv.at
Fri Nov 25 15:26:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

first, I'm new to this list.
Hello to everyone from Austria (not Australia ;-))

I'm trying to get my HP ScanJet 4370 (USB) running on
Ubuntu 2.6.12-10-386.

[...]
root at lnx2:~# sane-find-scanner
# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
# result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
# scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.
# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
# you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
# Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
# If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".
found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [hewlett packard], product=0x4105 [hp
scanjet]) at libusb:001:002
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by
# Not checking for parallel port scanners.
# Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary
ports
# can't be detected by this program.

root at lnx2:~#  scanimage -L
[...]

Another question.
Which program do you prefer to import and modify photos, graphics, etc.

Thanks in advance
Richard