rhytmbox vfs

Olafur Arason olafra at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:07:08 UTC 2005

Sorry I thought it was a problem with both rhythmbox and totem,
so I only looked at totem. But rhythmbox has this because it doesn't
copy the files or folder to a local drive. So if you unplug the connection
then the songs disapear from the Library and playlists. If you are using it
this way then you should consider adding this to you /etc/fstab:

//server/share    /mnt/dir   smbfs   username=user,password=xxx  0 0

and have smbfs installed, you can mount it anywhere like /home/windows
or even you home directory or just link to it.

Olafur Arason