Slow Breezy on HP nx6125

Andre Truter andre.truter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:23:33 UTC 2005

On 11/24/05, Tatome at web.de <Tatome at web.de> wrote:

> My nx6125 is an HP laptop sporting a Sempron 3100+ at 1800 Mhz, 256MB
> RAM (32MB video), and an ATI Mobility Radeon X200M graphics chip.
> The kernel I'm using is the standard Ubuntu 2.6.12-10-k7 kernel and I've
> set up a 1GB swap partition.

Are you sure it is a Sempron CPU?

AFAIK the nx6125 comes with AMD Turion CPU's.  I have one and that is
why I chose it.
The Turion is a mobility 64-bit CPU.

Initially I had some problems with the powernow module.  It would lock
the CPU at around 500MHz and the clock was way too fast.

I run SUSE 10 on it at the moment, which has the 2.6.13 kernel, which
fix the powernow and clock issues.

I suggest that you upgrade to the 2.6.13 kernel if you can.
I would also suggest that you check if you have a 64-bit CPU and then
try the 64-bit Ubuntu.

Check the CPU speed in /proc/cpuinfo
Also check your logs for k_powernow errors.

HTH

--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.za.org