Slow Breezy on HP nx6125

Tatome at web.de Tatome at web.de
Fri Nov 25 08:20:14 UTC 2005

> Try adding

> noapic nolapic

> to the kernel command line. It's entertainingly bizarre brokenness in
> HP's BIOS.

Thanks a lot, this sped up the system. Somehow it turned off the fan
though at the same time, so I googled and found out "apci=off apm=on"
also does the trick but leaves it on. There are some bios warnings so I
guess I'll still have to work on that...
For some reason I can't start X at all now. I thought it worked before
all that, but then I don't know for sure if I ever tried after upgrading
the kernel. The problem seems to be that the fglrx module is compiled
for the x86-kernel only: it won't load automatically and complains
"Error inserting fglrx (/lib/modules/2.6.12-10-k7/volatile/fglrx.ko):
Invalid module format"
Is there any way I can get a precompiled module for 2.6.12-10-k7 or do I
have to get the dev packages and compile my own?
Thanks,
Johannes