Music apps in Ubuntu, WOW ! Success story.

Eric Devost ericdevost at telaneos.com
Thu Nov 24 02:47:12 UTC 2005

'Forum Post a écrit :

>So neither of you needed to compile a patched kernel for realtime
>operation? What latency do you get? What soundcard?

I haven't touch the kernel at all. I get a 5,33 ms latency with a
soundblaster live! Can get lower I'm sure with a better card. Realtime
operation is les performant than with a lowlat kernel but it is quite
usable for "normal" musical operations. Tonight I used Rosegarden,
Ardour and Hydrogen in sync, there was no sample frames lost by jack
(I'm running Xfce desktop).

Still quite impress,