Pretty much how I feel

Brant Fitzsimmons brant at bfcomputerconsulting.com
Wed Nov 23 22:24:39 UTC 2005

Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

>brian fergusson wrote:
>

>>Yeah, I did that and at CNN's page I get 'No picture' in the video
>>window. Any more ideas?
>>thanks
>>brian
>>

>Make sure you have the Universe apt repository enabled and install mozilla-mplayer.  Then you're going to remove the totem plugins that screw things up.
>
>Here's how:
>
>sudo aptitude install mozilla-mplayer
>sudo cd /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/
>sudo rm libtotem_mozilla.*
>
>Open Firefox, go to cnn.com and watch video.
>
>Let me know if you still have trouble.

As was pointed out by Gary Hodges I accidently refernced the "universe"
repository when I should have said "multiverse".  You need to have the
multiverse apt repository enabled.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
brant at bfcomputerconsulting.com
"Strange times are these in which we live when the old and the
young are taught falsehoods in the schools of learning. And the one
man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and
a fool."
							-Plato